Wednesday, March 4, 2009

D'oh!

I think Alex must be sending secret text messages to her cousin little miss in Melbourne. It seems whenever my sister tells me that little miss has a new adventure/accident under her belt, my ones are trying the same trick not long after.

Alex has it in her head that she can walk, or at least that she can stand without holding onto anything. Thats okay and she usually lands on her bums, but lately she's been climbing onto things like her walker and then letting go or trying to step off without holding. Two waketimes in a row she has landed hard on her head doing that and given herself a nasty welt. The place she lands has a hard wooden edge with a 90degree angle so it's a very unfriendly place to hit your head. I'm afraid tonight is going to be spent baby proofing the play area yet again cos unfortunately its a little to harsh an injury for me to keep letting her do it until she learns, by that stage we might have blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment