Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good day

Today has been a pretty good day, I have to admit. Sadly a good day to me usually consists of some unscheduled drama taking place that takes up all my free time and makes the day go by really quickly and makes the weekend just that little bit closer.

Today after the girls had finished their lunch I gave them each a strawberry fruit stick to chew on, something I bought thinking it would be a great snack to take with us when we are out of the house and they are getting bored....but now I know better. You would not believe the mess. We're talking sticky, gooey (which quickly turn crunchy) strawberry goodness from head to toe.
Somehow Alex even managed to get hers into the back of her hair.

Obviously this was an emergency bath kinda situation.
One thing that I still havent figured out how to do with the girls is wash their hair when they're both in the bath together, so we had to settle for a wipe down with the flannel instead. It probably only diluted the stickyness but its better then nothing.
As soon as they were done in the bath I threw a diaper on Alex and let her crawl away and lay Jess down to do hers. But they ganged up on me. Jess rolled over to grab something and in that second Alex reached over and took off with the diaper which Jess had been lying on. Secretly I thought that was hilarious and was a little proud of my mischievous little monsters.

Finally after the last nap time of the day the girls invented a kind of copying game that managed to amuse them until their dad got home. They found the trays from the high chairs (which I had discarded on the hallway floor while I tried to get them in the bath earlier) and climbed onto one each, then swapped and sat on the other one. Next it was scoot your tray across the floor and when you get to the end sit on it for a sec. Then switch trays again.They did this for about an hour. So we had a fun time and now I miss them because they're in bed.

1 comment:

  1. That tray swapping game is funny. Sorry to break the news but as they get older they get more mischevious, it's annoying and fun somehow at the same time.I've given Little Miss those fruit bars and they do get really dribbly and sticky, I'm avoiding them if we're out in favor of a milk arrowroot bikky.

    ReplyDelete